Gamesheets / Reporting
The Home Team must report all games within 24 hours of the game, preferably immediately following the game, using the NCRRL online form. The original (white) copy must then be submitted to the community/association statistician in accordance with local procedures. The community Statistician will review the gamesheet against the online report and will communicate any errors found. The white copies must then be mailed to the League Statistician at “NCRRL Statistician, 18 Perrin Ave, Nepean ON K2J 2Y4”
The NCRRL Reporting System is also used to report Cancelled or Rescheduled games and operates in a similar manner for all 3 but collecting different information. To submit a report, go to NCRRL Reporting System and click on the appropriate box as to what it is you are reporting: ie:
- Game Report,
- Cancelled Game Report, or
- Rescheduled Game Report
Then select your Association in the next drop down box, and
finally select your Division from the next drop down box, and press “Send”
This will take you to a screen where you select the Game you are reporting on from the original schedule. Please note, if you did not select your Association and division in the screen before, you will NOT get a game schedule line to select. If this happens click your back button and go back to the previous screen and select the missing information. Also note: if the game has been rescheduled and the new date/time/arena has not been replicated in the list, please select the originally schedule date/time/arena..
Then click the submit button.
Place your cursor over the name of the community you represent and click on it. It will link you automatically to your community’s Game Score Reporting Form.
Errors in Submitted Reports
If an error is discovered in a Game Report after it is submitted, please attempt to re-submit the entire report including the corrected information. Please also include a note in the “Comments” section that it is replacing a previously submitted report.
If the reporting system will no longer allow the game to be selected, please email email@example.com with the details of the error.
Game Score Reporting Form.
Please Note: If you wish to report a Cancelled or Rescheduled game rather than a score, Click here. This will take you back to the first screen where you can select Cancelled or Rescheduled Game Reports. Start the process over.
- All of the Game Information is on the Game Scoresheet. The Form is self-explanatory. You may move from block to block by pressing on the Tab Key. Please fill in every block before pressing the Submit Key at the bottom (or before pressing the Enter Key). Please do NOT press the Enter Key as it sends your message each time you press it. There is a requirement to report both referee’s names and their ORA Ref Numbers when submitting this report. If for some reason the information is missing on the Game Sheet, or in illegible, please write that in the comments section at the bottom of the report. This information is vital to the NCRRL Central Referee Assigner. It will allow the Assigner to verify that the refs assigned actually did the game. For U8 and U9 Games, there is ALSO a block to check off to report if the game score was a Mercy Rule Score (a goal spread of 7 goals or more). If you represent a Novice U8, U9 or U10 team, please note the Mercy Rule “Scoresheet Rules” for U8, U9 and U10 Rules in the NCRRL Rules.
- Contact Info: Please type in your Name, Community Abbreviation, Team and Game Number. If you selected the game in the previous screen it will show up right below your Contact Info on this screen. Also provide, a phone number you can be reached at in the evening, and day time if possible (Home & Work), and your e-mail address. (This will allow us to press the reply key on our in mail to send you any questions about incomplete information.)
- Game Info:
- The Division and Level, Game Number, Date and time, Arena, Visiting Team Name, Home Team Name will be showing in the Contact Information. If something above is incorrect please type the correct information in the next box.
- Reporting of Scores and Penalties. Please note when reporting Scores or Penalties that if there is a single digit zero (0) to report, you MUST report a double zero (00) in the box or it will not register in the electronic report submitted to the league.
- Reporting of Penalty Minutes: There is a requirement to report all penalites awarded in the boxes provided. It is self-explanatory. If there is an expulsion penalty the comments must be reported in both the individual penalty report and again in the comments box as indicated below.
- Comments: There are two separate Comment Blocks.
- The first Comment Box is to report Expulsion Penalties (ie: Match or Misconduct Penalties). For Match or Misconduct penalties resulting in the Expulsion of player(s) the following rule applies: (Note Match Penalty Number is 18 on the ORA Scoresheet & 17 on the Ringette Canada Scoresheet. Misconduct is Number 15 on both.)
- The Second Comment Box is for you to type in any Comments you may have about the game, for example, if it was a rescheduled game, give us the information of Time and Place when it was originally to be played (or conversely, when it WILL be played. If the game was not fully played, write the time that was left on the Game Clock at the end of the game. (ie; when the Zamboni came on the ice.) If there is any info that is not clear from the selections above, type in the missing info into this space. The box will expand to accept as much info as required.
- League Rule 2.04: Any game suspension (for Match or Misconduct Penalties) must be reported to the ERRA G&T Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by the coaches of both teams within 24 hours or before the next scheduled game - whichever is sooner.
- League Rule 2.05: When a match or misconduct penalty has been assessed, the coaches of both teams must also phone the League Age Group Convenor within twenty-four (24) hours. The Home Association of the offending player(s) and/or coaching staff must report back to the League Executive before the next scheduled game.
- ORA G&T Binder Rule 5.4: Excessive Penalties NOTE FOR ACCUMULATED PENALTY TIME FOR EXCESSIVE PENALTIES: Delayed Penalties wiped out as a result of a goal being scored must be recorded on the game sheet and count toward accumulated penalty time.
- A Head Coach whose team receives thirty (30) minutes in accumulated penalty time in regulation play (overtime is exempt) shall be suspended from the next regularly scheduled game. Should that person be the coach on more than one team, the one game suspension must be served with the team that received the excessive penalties.
- A player who receives ten (10) minutes in accumulated penalty time, overtime included, shall be ejected from the remainder of the game. The player shall be suspended from the next regularly scheduled game.
- All excessive penalties Ten (10) minutes in a game for a player or thirty 30) minutes in a game for a coach) must be reported to the ERRA G&T Coordinator at email@example.com within twenty-four (24) hours by both teams or prior to the next schedule game - whichever is sooner.
- If coaches do not comply with ALL of the above rules, they will be suspended, with the suspension being the same as the player(s) or coaching staff involved.
- If an Association does not report or comply with the above, it will be subject to suspension by the League for the rest of the season.
- Head Coaches are responsible to ensure any game suspensions as a result of fully served penalites incurred during a League, Tournament or exhibition game are carried out and that their Community Association is made aware of both the penalty and the suspension. If coaches do not comply with the above rule, they will be suspended, with the suspension being the same as the player(s) or coaching staff involved. If any Association does not report or comply with the above, it will be subject to suspension by the League for the rest of the season. Length of Suspensions for League games may be found here.
- Any fully served penalties (ie: those penalties on the scoresheet numbered 14 or above: Match, Misconduct, Major, or Unsportsmanlike penalties) must be reported to the ERRA G&T Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org . Reporting them in this first comment box will accomplish that reporting procedure. Please Note that this does NOT negate the separate reporting of Match, Misconduct and Excessive Accumulation Penalties to G&T as noted above
Please re-read your form and make sure the correct info is typed in every block. When you are satisfied it is correct press the Submit Button at the bottom of your screen. (And poof, it is electronically submitted to both your own Community Statistician and the League Statistician. In addition a copy will be submitted to the NCRRL Webmaster to update the scores on the schedule. In this way, Coaches may verify that the correct score was indeed submitted to the Statistician’s and parents, players and interested others may read the scores at their leisure.